Like most good ideas, Ovo was created to solve a problem.
Our founder, Stephen Fitzpatrick, was so fed up dealing with large energy companies with complicated, expensive and confusing tariffs he decided to start his own.
A big step. Especially as Stephen’s background wasn’t in the energy business. But that meant he didn’t start with any preconception of how things are ‘normally’ done. Just a vision on how things ‘should’ be done.
In Stephen’s words: “I just couldn’t understand why the energy business was so complex and service so poor. Everyone kept telling me it wouldn’t be possible for someone outside of the industry to come in and make energy cheaper, greener and simpler. I’m very pleased to have proved them wrong!”
It’s because Stephen was thinking like a customer that the business is built around the idea of making your life as simple as possible. That’s what makes dealing with us so much easier… and nicer.
With Ovo everything is more straightforward and our UK based customer service team are always on hand to help. We’re open and honest and we do everything we can to keep our prices low, while still offering more renewable energy in our standard tariff than other energy providers.
It’s this fresh new approach that has made Ovo a great success. News about the way we do business has travelled well too. In fact, we’re now the fastest growing energy company in the UK.
We ensure that we stay cheaper, greener and simpler by employing seriously smart people, cutting edge technology and putting you first with every decision we make. We like to fill our customers’ homes with cheaper and greener energy, and every time they deal with us, fill their day with a little positive energy too.
If you like the sound of that, then let us make your life simpler too. Switching is easy…
Welcome to the world of Ovo.
Cheaper. Greener. Simpler.
Our promise to you
We appreciate that switching to a new energy company can be a little daunting and that you’ll want to know as much about us as possible before committing. We’ve spent lots of time scratching our heads and writing a list of what the ideal energy company would be like; what they’d promise, what they’d do and what they’d not do – in short, what Ovo should be like.
We have two promises:
- We promise to do what we say we will. We know this is easier said than done, but we try very hard every day to make sure you’ll never regret switching to Ovo. We try our best every day to keep this simple promise.
- We promise to treat you fairly. We’ve all experienced woeful customer service from energy suppliers, so we’re committed to treating you better. Our helpful, knowledgeable team are based right here in the UK and they’d love to hear from you.
Things we will always do:
- We will always try and find better ways to do things. Ovo started because we were convinced there was a better way of offering energy. Finding better ways of doing things is what drives us every day.
- We will always offer you the best pricing we can. Our prices are linked directly to the cost of the energy wholesale market. We keep our operating costs low so that we can pass on more savings to you.
- We will always admit when we’re wrong. No one’s perfect and we do occasionally make mistakes, but we’ll always hold our hands up, accept responsibility and sort it out as quickly as possible.
Things we will never do:
- We will never try to trick you with clever gimmicks. Our adverts are just like us, straightforward, honest and easy to understand. If we say we’re the cheapest, it’s because we really are, we won’t try to convince you of something that isn’t true.
- We will never try to confuse you with hidden costs. There’s nothing nasty hiding in our small print and we’ll always be totally clear with you about what you’re being charged.
- Your tariff will never change without us telling you well in advance. We want to build a long term relationship with you, and as clear communication is a big part of any relationship, we’ll make sure we do it well.
We’d love you to experience our promises for yourself.